Monday, August 24, 2009

6. Convince the HUNTER COLLEGE --- FAIL

science department to accept my lab science from Southern CT State as a lab science so I don't have to travel 3 hours back and forth to take a lab science class AGAIN at 41+ years old. I got an A+ in the first one and I'll only get another one, so come on. That's what I'll say to them.

02/10/09 --- I have honed in on the chair of the biology department at Hunter! I am thinking I'll craft an email that will be so impressive that she will say, "Yes! You may use your lab science from Southern CT State U. and good luck in law school!" Can't wait to be able to check off "college graduate" on forms. "Some college" not so much.
Email written! Jim is editing!
02/10/09 --- 9:54 PM - The email has been sent! I will update here. I will also be surprised if I get more than a one sentence response. I look forward to being pleasantly surprised!
02/12/09 --- No word. No news is good news or is she so insulted she is just never going to respond? I DID have Jim rewrite the email, so no chance it's offensive. Well, we'll see! If she agrees to give me the waiver, I will be able to graduate MAYBE summer of 2010! How cool would that be?
02/21/09 --- Still no word. I'm starting to think she's on sabbatical. I'm afraid to ask!
03/05/09 --- No word. Not looking good. I'm going to have to email or call them again. I even checked my transcript online. No change.
08/24/09 --- Not gonna happen. I spoke with the quite unpleasant professor at Hunter who makes these decisions. He did mention that I can try to get a waiver from some other committee. That I will be trying to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment